So, I’ve been wanting to confess this for a while but I was too embarrassed.
When I embarked on my #60DaysNoExcuses health and fitness challenge, I could not do a sit up. Not a single one, nope. The crazy thing was, I didn’t know I couldn’t do a sit up anymore until I tried. It had been so long so long since I’d tried to do one.
That’s when I realized – really realized – I had become so unfit. Years of being inactive. Years of sedentary blogging. Seven almost consecutive years of sitting and nursing. It had all taken its toll.
I wanted to cry.
I was embarrassed.
I was ashamed.
But, I knew I wasn’t alone. Just like I know that some of you are now where I was, struggling with the same issue, or similar issues. The overwhelming feeling of knowing you need to get healthy but not knowing where to start.
And all I can say is – just make a change. It’s not easy, but it is simple!
I didn’t go to bed overweight and jiggly, then wake up thin and toned. This has been a long, sometimes hard, but oh so rewarding journey.
So, today I encourage you to make one change for 60 days. Don’t go crazy – it can be something simple! Something attainable! Just commit to make one small change and see what a difference it can make. Then, with that success, add another small change, then another, and before you know it you’ll reach your goals!
Starter 60 Day Challenge Ideas
- Exercise – it can be a simple walk, 5 push-ups/day, a cardio video, or any combo. Just commit to be active for 60 days.
- Healthy Breakfast – commit to start your day with protein and no sugar, then eat normally the rest of the day.
- Prayer & Meditation – before I tried to lose an ounce I had to get right with God and love myself as I was, His creation.
- No Weigh-Ins – can you stay off the scale for 60 days? Stop focusing on the number and concentrate on healthy choices.
- Swap Fruit for Veggies – many people trying to lose weight make the mistake of eating too much fruit. Too much fruit equals too much sugar. Can you substitute a vegetable for one of your fruit servings?